Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Officially Registered!

Well, registration OFFICIALLY opened today for the Disney Princess Half Marathon, and of course I did not waste any time in getting myself registered! I'm am all set and ready to go as far as the race is concerned, now the fun of planning the actual trip begins.

There seems to be a pretty decent discount they offer participants for park tickets, and we supposedly get a discount on host hotels as well, although from what I've heard, it's not much. I definitely plan on staying at one of the host resorts, because I really don't want to have to worry about getting to the race on time the morning of, because my goodness does it start early!! I'll most likely just go with the cheapest I can find, because I don't know about you, but when I go to Disney, I barely see the inside of my hotel room so it's just not worth it to spend more.

I decided to estimate my time as the lowest possible without needing proof of time, which is 2:46. I plan on doing another half marathon this October and a 10K in November, so I'm hoping to be able to submit a good time from one of them for better placement!

I am looking so forward to going to this race. Still trying to figure out how long I'll be there, but I'm hoping to stay for a few days after to enjoy the parks! I was just there 4 years ago, but I definitely will not mind a return trip. Plus, if like to go off site and take a visit to Universal to see Harry Potter land! That is one thing I have yet to see, and I just have to!

As for my training, it's been going pretty well lately. I've been good about running a few times a week, and this past weekend I ran 5.5 miles which is the farthest I've gone yet. I walked about 0.25 miles of it, and did the second half on the treadmill after running outside, but I'm proud of it overall! Now I just have to keep it up and keep training!

My next race I have planned is the Color Run. If you haven't heard of one of these you have to look it up! It sounded like so much fun so I just had to sign up. The registration filled up so fast. A family friend recently decided to run it with me, but it was already filled. Fortunately though, there is a Facebook group that had plenty of people willing to give up their spots so I was able to find him one. It's an untimed 5k fun run, and at each kilometer they toss colored powder at you. You start off wearing a white shirt, and by the end you end up all colored! It's in a week and a half, and I'll definitely report back afterwards about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment